Sunday, November 29, 2009

Return To Matainui-Day 7

"Ben, Ben, Ben". I could faintly hear someone saying my name. I opened my eyes and there I saw Marek, Jordan, Josiah and Grayson standing in a circle staring down at me. "What". "We've been trying to wake you up for almost a half hour. We've wanted to look for other people that have survived the plane crash. "Sorry" I said as I hopped out of my sleeping bag. "Have there been any strange things out have come across during your time on Matainui island" I mentioned. "Don't you know the secret to Matainui" they said. "No, what secret". "Well this island is in the future and is controlled by aliens". "Wow" I stuttered. "That's not all. The island is covered by a huge force field which would explain the plane crash". "Why have the aliens covered this island" I asked. "Because the aliens have put a force field on all the sustainable islands around the world so that they won't die out". "Oh. All the pieces are starting to come together now". "Let's go look for the others" I asked.



We were walking down the hill slowly listening to the quiet sound of what seemed to be a water fall. I was curious and so were the expressions on their faces. "You guys, come over here, follow me" I whispered. I followed the soft sound of the water fall. We walked past some big trees and around some bushes then we were there. It was a huge waterfall with a weird blue type of colour. It was surrounded by trees. The rocks behind the waterfall were covered in long green vines that almost made the wall invisible. 'That water looks nice and cool' I thought. "Who wants a swim" I suggested. "Not really" said Josiah. "Yeah. It will probably change us into some type of magical creature". "Sure sure" I said. I dropped my bag on their dirt and started walking towards the small pond where the water from the water fall was sitting. "That blue water doesn't look very appealing" said Jordan. "What are you talking about". I walked straight into the water and dived under.



I came out of the water just fine. "Phew" said the others as they saw me come out alive. "Come in its cold and refreshing". I dived under again. This time my mouth was open and some water went into my mouth. I accidentally swallowed the water. I came out of the water letting out a yell. "Ewwwwwww" I said. I started to get really dizzy and fell back almost instantly. I sunk to the bottom of the pond. It went all black. I woke up and strangely I was standing at the top of the cliff were the water fall started. "You guys" I yelled down at the others. They stood with blank looks on their faces. They weren't staring at me. They were staring straight into the pond, aimlessly. There was a sharp pain in my left leg. I looked down at it and couldn't see anything. Nothing was there.



I was invisible. No one could see me. I looked down at the others who still had confused looks on their faces. I could just hear what they were saying to each other. "Should we swallow some of the water so we go were ever Ben goes" said Grayson. "Are you crazy" said Jordan. "You don't know where he went or what he turned into". "We are taking a risk" said Josiah. "You can do what ever you want to do" said Jordan. "Okay" said Josiah as he turned away from the others and headed towards the pond. "Don't, don't" I yelled. Unfortunately they couldn't hear me. He lay down in the water then opened his mouth and vanished. Grayson said something to Jordan that I couldn't hear. Then he ran into the water and did the exact same as Josiah and vanished. Jordan stood there for about five minutes. Then walked into the pond and lay down in the water on his back. He started sinking then disappeared.



"Ben". I turned and could just see the outline of his Josiah's body. He had turned into a ghost as well which probably meant that Jordan and Grayson had transformed as well. "You really didn't have to do what you did". "To late now" he joked. "Should we look for the others" he asked. "Nah it's getting late and I'm feeling a bit tired. "Okay" he agreed. We found a nice flat area which was where we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment